Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sunday Nights

I have a love hate relationship with Sunday nights.

Love: I really like how it's just our family.  We usually have some delicious dessert my mom or I have cooked up, and we relax.  We take a deep breath.  We eat slightly unhealthily.  The time comes, the Walrus says, to talk of many things.  Of shoes, and ships, and sealing wax/ Of cabbages and kings.  (Rudyard Kipling.) It's a little moment of heaven.

Hate: I usually have homework I need to get done.  That's is always hard.  It means a new week is starting, and the weekend is  a long way off...a really long way off.  My family is usually stressed simply because of the expectation.  We can't stay up late anymore, we have to go to bed early.  This usually results in time tossing and turning time since our bodies aren't adjusted.

The epitome of a love/hate relationship.

Hope you love it,
-Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment