Monday, November 12, 2012

Gratitude

A lot of times, I don't really want to feel grateful.  I mean, think about it.  I have a quiz tomorrow, history reading, a cold, and two finals this week.  Why do I have to be grateful?  Why can't someone else, someone who has a perfect life, be grateful.

Well, to everyone else, it may seem like I have a perfect life.  My parents aren't divorced, I have a beautiful home, enough money, enough clothes, enough food.  I don't have any problems with my family relationships.  I get good grades, I do (fairly) well at debate, and I even have a car my parents let me drive.

So, no, my life isn't perfect.  No one's is.  But I definitely have it a lot better than nearly everyone else out there.  So, this week, I'm grateful.

1. Pysch.  (The TV show?  Yeah, I got to watch an episode today.)
2. Sweatshirt season. I am always sad when I can't wear my sweatshirts anymore.  I have one on right now.
3. My mattress heater pad.  Yes, I am a wimpy winter girl and am extremely grateful that I have a heater pad so my bed is warm.
4. The fact that my nutrition class is feeling fairly easy and I feel prepared for the final.
5. And....well...um my birthday is coming up!

Stay tuned for Gratiweek. (Gratitude week.  I'm clever.  Admit it. :)

Sincerely full (trying anyway) of gratitude,
Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment