Thursday, April 11, 2013

Love

It is one of those weeks that you feel so small.  You feel minuscule compared to that tidal wave of stuff that seems to come again...and again...and again.  This week has been one where I am tired.  I am barely holding it together, like a belt on Thanksgiving day.

But you know what?  That's ok.  I will be able to write that essay.  I will be able to go to the funeral and be grateful I knew her.  I will be able to ace that test.  I will be able to congratulate those that make BAGA, regardless of whether I make it.  I will be able to run fast soon enough.

I was reading in the Bible yesterday, and I saw this verse: 1 Corinthians 11: 10.
"For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels."

And that hit me.  It hit me that I have angels surrounding me.  I have angels always around me, protecting, comforting, hurting with me.  And my Heavenly Father loves me.  He loves me.  Little Elise Clark.  A girl who often over-stresses, over-worries, and over freaks out about everything.  A girl who has made so many mistakes and has pushed Him away many more times than He has ever deserved.  But He loves me.

Even if you're Atheist or Buddhist or Muslim or Catholic or Jewish or Agnostic or anything else, it doesn't matter.  Because I know that He loves you.

And sometimes that is enough.

And Karen Stone, we miss you.  I cannot ever tell you how grateful I am that I got to know you.  It is a privilege that I will remember always.  Your kindness, sincerity, and strength will be remembered.  Thank you for letting me get to know you and have your influence in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment