Sunday, January 12, 2014

Ghosts of Airport Trips

I am got to the airport at 5:45 this morning.  I got up at 4:30.  Haven't had a whole lot of sleep, but airports will forever be filled with trips past.  I'm in the Phoenix Airport, and I can see my cousin walking down the terminal, laughing and giddy about going to Europe.  I see my family eating a quick meal at Paradise Bakery before we go through security.  I see those private school boys that were at the airport last week and how some were cute and some weren't.  I eat my Starbucks oatmeal and think of how the Scottsdale and Tucson sun beat me down on me and I felt so peaceful.  I drink my juice and think of my trip to New York last year, and Arizona 2 years ago.

I've traveled so much, that these trips blend together and I can't seem to separate person to person or trip to trip.  It makes me happy that in the midst of people and numbers and fluorescent lights and plastic, I will always see familiar people.  I will remember the fun memories and I will always recognize people here.

xo. Elise


No comments:

Post a Comment