Thursday, January 22, 2015

Exhausted with Joy

I realized that I in a time in my life that everyone thinks about.  I'm at the point in my life where I can stay up until 2 in the morning talking, the late-night hot chocolate won't hurt me that much, my weekends are planned, and my room is small but full.

I take that back.  My life is small but full.

I've been vacillating lately on whether I am happy.  You would be amazed at how much back and forth there is going on.  I also realized, just last night, that contrary to my opinion, I really don't have a whole lot figured out.  I need to figure out how to study for Accounting.  I need better use my time to get things done with care and thoughtfulness.  I need to reevaluate how I get ready, exercise, and eat.  I need to take a moment and figure it all out.

But, I have come to the conclusion that I am pretty happy.  This afternoon I will probably be disgruntled again, by who knows what, but as of 12:16 p.m. on January 22, 2015, I am feeling pretty good.

It pays to get your assignment done early, fyi.  I go into the Geology lab tired and pre-bored (you know, bored of the assignment before you actually start?), and walk out after reviewing my whole assignment with the professor and my answers becoming the key.

Over all of the swirls of emotions, take note that there is some stability.
1. God loves me.
2. My family is there for me.
3. I am capable of being happy.

I think that's enough rambling for one day.  I am living a life meant to be exhausted with joy.

xo. Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment