Monday, October 12, 2015

Stagnation

I realized that we are not as stagnant as we originally think.  During finance today, he was lecturing about how we should save and learn and grow.  And it was good.  And I realized it's far too easy to think that we would always be someone who saves.  Or always someone who reads their scriptures.  Or always someone who works hard.  Or always someone who learns.

When in reality we are transient beings.  We shift and we evolve faster than we expect. All of those good, amazing qualities we pride ourselves on can slip right through our fingers without our knowledge.  And then we're left with a reality that doesn't match what we thought our mental identity.  

And it was a good thought for me to realize that I evolve.  Good because those bad habits I want to discard will eventually float away and good because the helpful tendencies I write down on my Sunday School required list of talents could eventually slip away.


No comments:

Post a Comment