Wednesday, November 28, 2012

One of these things Is not like the other.

I have a debate tournament. It's a pretty big one. Huge would probably be a more apt description. And I just keeping thinking of how I don't really belong in the debate world, specifically those at this tournament. I sometimes see the debate world as alternatives that don't always have the best hygiene habits. I know some that don't believe in God. I know some that devote their life to debate. Now, I'm not saying any of these things are bad, I'm just saying I don't always feel like I belong. They whip out their laptops and g2 pens and their 300 hundred page evidence brief they researched by themselves. I whip out my little bic pens and my one inch binder.

I'm saying this all wrong, and not quite putting what I'm thinking into correct words, but still sometimes I feel a little different in a group I'm supposed to belong to. Feeling out of place in a place you belong. Good luck to those that know how I feel.

On a side note, I wonder how many people confirm and change themselves and their personalities to 'belong' in a group. I almost think that's necessary to truly belong in any group.

No comments:

Post a Comment