Saturday, December 22, 2012

Sixteen Going on Seventeen

I decided this year to do sixteen things before I was seventeen.  When I wrote the list, I was thinking of everything in my life that I liked that wasn't volleyball.

Here is what I came up with:

1. Enter a photography contest.
2. Get mile time to 5:45 -> Spikes!
(Really just broke six minutes in the mile.  That's ok.  I'm flexible.)
3. Decorate a cake for an event. (My cousin's wedding cake.)
4. Come up with a recipe. (This gross peach sprite thingy.)
5. Take a boy to a dance. (Did that twice!)
6. TAke first at a debate tournament. (Did that twice as well.)
7. Learn to French braid. (Not that I really didn't know how to French braid, I really wanted to do my bangs.  It's still kind of a work in progress.)
8. Get a hundred on a math test.
9. Try a new debate event. (Finished that in the nick of time.  December 7th.)
10. Make a new friend.  (I've made lots.)
11. Wirte a short story. (Loved doing this!)
12. Run six miles. (Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.)
13. Run a 5k race. (This freaked me out fyi.)
14. STart a fashion trend.  (A girl copied what I wore.  Close enough. :)
15. Beat my Dad in a push-up contest. (He had a hurt wrist.)
16. Start a blog!!  (Ummm...obviously did that :)

I am very proud that I was able to accomplish everything I wanted to.  That's kind of a new experience for me.  I wrote a 17 before 18 list.  I'm really excited about what I get to do this year.  It's definitely a new experience to be 17.  I will let you know how it goes!

-e

No comments:

Post a Comment