Saturday, February 2, 2013

Summa Love

I have a theory...one I would like to test out.

It's simple really: around this time of year, an epidemic starts.  Seriously, it's surprising you haven't heard about it on the new yet.  The scientific name is summeraus loveitis.  The common name is summer love.

My theory, is there is this little tiny 'summer bug' that goes around and inflicts everyone with the desire for it to be summer.

Don't believe me?  Well, my sister sent me some proof via text message:

"Elise, I want to get fedoras this summer ok?  Let's be brave!" (paraphrased from Anne's text.)

See??  My sister has the disease!  That desire to....be a little more free.  To walk outside and smell the grass.  To enjoy the sunshine, and not the winter smog.  To be a little bit more relieved of responsibility.  To feel that freedom...

Not that long ago I was ready for summer to be done.  I was excited for scarves and boots and hard work.  Well, thank you very much Winter and Fall, but I have quite enough of that for now.  I was ready to push myself to limits.  I was done messing around and playing around, just waiting to be tested during this school year.  Well, it's not even over yet, but I am definitely feeling tested.  And am pretty happy with how it's been.  So if summer could just come now...I would be a pretty happy little camper.  

But alas, summeraus loveitis is long lasting.  It lasts until your Vitamin D deficiency is filled and you are scratching bug bites.  Fortunately, there is some extensive research on how to cure this carbuncle on society.

A couple of options:
1. Just cancel school forever.
2. We all move to a tropical island forever.  (Works best with the inclusion of number 1.)
3. Take a very long, very extended vacation to a tropical island.  (Works best with the inclusion of number 1 and 2.)
4.  Grin and bear it...'willingly because we have to.' (Only works with the inclusion of 1, 2, and 3.)

Until then...I will be lounging on the floor where the sun shines, getting some rays. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment