Sunday, March 24, 2013

Gimpy

I have been injured lately.  In pain.  Can't run.  Sometimes hurts just walking around.  Gimpy.  I have patella femoral.  Knee-cap slides over and grinds.  Ow.  Pain.  It hurts.

Track has started.  Started two weeks ago.  For the past week and a half?  I haven't been running.  And it's been awful.

Awful because I was ready.  Awful because I couldn't wait.  Awful because I had trained.  I was mentally tough.  I was so prepared to run.  To run hard, and fast, and straight.  Run and push myself.

Well bang goes that theory.

Something I have learned while pumping my legs up and down on the indoor bike, going no where.  Because of this injury, I appreciate running so much more.  I got to run just for a little bit on Friday, and I could barely keep the smile off my face.  I was happy.  Happy that I got tot run.  So often I am so caught up in the times, and my placing, whether I'm on varsity, or who I'm beating.  I know that I will appreciate running this season more than any other season.

I also know that I will push myself as well.  I will run because I like it.  I will run.  Soon enough.




No comments:

Post a Comment