Saturday, June 15, 2013

Girl's Camp

In my church, there is a week set aside every summer called Girl's Camp.  This is where the young women living in my area go 'camping' for a week. (Tough to call it camping when we have homemade doughnuts and crepes...but hey! We try!)  We have crafts, games, laughs, and hikes.  We have devotionals and, finally, a Testimony Meeting.  The Testimony Meeting is like nothing else I've ever been a part of.  This is where the girls sit around a fire, stand up, and bear their testimonies about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  It is an amazing experience.

This year was my last year.  I am so lucky that I got to go all 6 years.  I am so lucky my mom got to be up there for two of them.  I am so lucky I got to be a Youth Camp Leader this year.  I am so lucky that I got to truly love the girls I got to interact with.  There are so many amazing girls out there, and I know that Heavenly Father loves each and every one.

So, remember to tell the women in your life that they are special.  Tell your little girls and little sisters that they are beautiful.  Because I know that their Heavenly Father thinks they are.

(If confused about the focus on women around Father's Day, see previous post.  :)

xo. Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment