Saturday, June 15, 2013

Mi Padre

Since tomorrow is going to be crazy, and I won't have much time to blog about  my dad,  I'm doing it a little early.

Last week, my dad competed in his first half Ironman.  That means a 1.2 mile swim.  A 56 mile bike ride.  A 13.1 mile run.  I could do only the run on a reaaaaaaaaaalllllllllyyyyy good day.  In other words, my dad is amazing.

Did you know that my dad is the CEO at our local hospital?  A hospital that is ranked in the top 100 hospitals in THE NATION.  Take a minute to think about how many hospitals there are...

Did you know that my dad has two daughters, no boys?  Did you know that he loves his girls a lot and doesn't seem flustered (most of the time) by the display of emotion shown?  Did you know that he has always worked hard to make sure his girls know how to fish, rock climb, ride horses, shoot a gun, and all of the other necessary things girls need to know?

Did you know that my dad is in incredibly good shape?  As mentioned, he just completed a half Ironman.  Did you know that he has run multiple marathons (as in he survived his first one)?  Did you know that he also competes in triathlons just for fun? Did you know that is amazing at volleyball?  Did you know that he is still stronger/faster/taller (always will be) than me?

Did you know that he is creative?  Did you know that he is almost done with building a pizza oven in our back yard, by himself?  Did you know that he is really good at cooking?

Did you know that my dad is awe-inspiring?  I will be lucky to find a guy to marry that is half as good as my dad is.

Love you Dad!  Happy Father's Day!

xo. Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment