Monday, October 21, 2013

That look and following "ohhhh...."

When you are in high school, it is inevitable.  People will ask you what you do.  At different times of life, it is different things (what you major in, what your job is, where you went to school, how many kids you have, grandkids, etc, etc.).  But in high school?  What do you do?

I always want my first answer to be homework.  Because let's be honest...homework.  That is what I do.  Sometimes it seems like I do that allllll the time.

But no one wants to know I do schoolwork in school I guess?

So, I go with the, "Oh, I'm on the debate team."

If it's an adult they give me a slightly frightened look and say "ohhhh....I feel bad for your parents."

And all of sudden you feel like a horrible awful person!  Coming from a debater, I think of why I feel bad for my parents.  I feel bad for them because they deal with me coming home late, me sobbing when I don't do well (I've only sobbed a few times...ok?), being mad if I don't do well, being super happy when I do well, me always asking for money for trips, hotels, and food.  It goes on.

But what everyone else assumes?  They assume that I am an angry, bitter, yelly, debater.  Someone who argues with her parents.  Pfft.

Not true.

They should feel sorry for my parents because I am in charge of way to many things and am getting quite good at bossing people around.

xo.  Elise

P.S. Yes, I am aware that this is a stupid post all about #nerdy things.  I am over it.  Keep calm and debate on.

P.P.S.  That wasn't a good remedy was it?

However this picture?  This is a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment