Saturday, November 2, 2013

November 1st.

Yesterday was my sister's birthday.  She just turned 21.  I didn't have the opportunity to write a post about her yesterday, and I apologize for that.  But now, I have nothing but time.  Time for Anne.

Yesterday someone asked me who my best friend was.  I was in a crowded room.  I had friends surrounding me.  I had talked to a lot of my friends before that moment.  I had a phone full of contacts and of people who I consider my friends.  I could have spouted off any name.

But the only word in my brain was Anne. 

Before I get tears in my eyes, I wish I could write in such a way that I could convey what Anne means to me.  I wish I could conjure the words out of the air surrounding me to proclaim exactly what her friendship and sister-ship means to me.  But it somehow never seems enough.

That's ok.  Because Anne gets it.  Anne knows.

And that is one reason why we're best friends.

For me, a best friend teaches you, challenges you, cries with you, wallows with you, laughs with you, dreams with you, fears with you, stresses with you, plans with you, plays with you, creates with you, sings with you, dances with you, stands up for you, comforts you, teases you, cooks with you, drives with you, talks with you, impresses you, amazes you, opens your eyes for you, sets the path for you.

I am lucky that this girl, this gorgeous girl, is in my life.  Honestly, without her?  Elise Clark wouldn't be the same.  And I will be eternally grateful for that.

Let's make this year even better than your 20th.  (And let's be real, that was pretty great.)

xo. Elise

P.S. 0: (One to grow on...I wanted to send this to you yesterday, but I forgot.) I love your college lingo.  It makes me happy and makes me want to imitate you.
One of my favorite pictures of her.  Because this folks, is Anne Elizabeth.  Beautiful isn't she?

No comments:

Post a Comment