Monday, December 16, 2013

Hello, I don't know if there'll be snow.

Hello all!  It has been foreva!

I have some scary news: my birthday is this week!  That is terrifying? Because I am at the age where getting old isn't bad, just scary.  I've been thinking a lot about being 17, and I'm sad that it went by so quickly.  Being 17 is so great, and I don't know if I've enjoyed it enough.

However, this week is celebrating that I am still 17 and have a reason to twirl (paraphrased from Edenbrooke).

5 fantastic things from my year of being 17:
-I went to New York with the debate team. I learned a lot during that trip, and I still look back happy that I went.  It was a good feeling to no longer be afraid.
-I went 1-4 at State.  This was what seemed like a huge event for me...but I think it's only helped me.  I'm glad I had the experience of doing horribly at a tournament, not only to eat some humble pie, but also to realize that I have a great support group.  So many people were so nice to me and they really helped me feel better.
-The road trip my dad and I took.  This was amazing!  I reflect back on it a lot.  I was so completely stressed out it was kind of hilarious, but the places we went to were beautiful and the company was great.
-I spent the weekend with Anne.  I'm really lucky that I had this chance.  I am such good friends with my sister, and that weekend was so great.  I learned a lot about college life, and my respect for me sister grew.
-I became debate president. (And the book club president... and the Interact Club president).  I am learning so much from this experience, it's been really interesting.  It will be a relief to have the season be over, but I am going to miss the chance I have to grow.

Just a few things about the spring of 2013.

You know what's really the best?  Having 2 beautiful weeks full of nothing but goodness coming up.

h&g. Elise




No comments:

Post a Comment