Wednesday, December 18, 2013

She's only 17!

Internet was down yesterday.  I realized that no internet severely limits my procrastination efforts.  Also, I'm at the point in the year when I'm tired.  Just tired.  I am exhausted of having to get ready and being the over-achiving Elise.  Why oh why am I so competitive and ambitious?

Anyway....

5 more great things that happened to me while I was 17:
1. I took my A.P. tests.  I had been waiting for May 9th and May 15th for the longest time.  Really ever since I knew that they existed.  I remember getting up on May 9th being completely stressed out.  It was one of the weirdest days I've ever had.  However, I have never felt so relieved as I did on the days after my tests.  It was amazing.  I listened to a lot of this and this.  I remember I just danced and screamed at the top of my lungs.  I was done!
2. I finished my junior year with 4.0.  I am really proud of myself for doing this.  I went into my junior year with a lot of fear.  I was afraid that I wasn't smart enough and that I couldn't work hard enough to really make it work.  I was terrified of not proving myself.  For me, regardless of what happens, I've already proven that I am capable of doing hard things.
3.  I also had a fairly successful debate season.  I placed a lot, and I learned a lot.  I need to be careful not to discount my success even with my shortcomings at some tournaments, but I did take Region and place 2nd majority of the time. :)
4. I was on the track team.  First year I didn't letter.  Yep, that was tough.  This spring was tough.  But, I made some great friends and had some good runs.  This was really the first time that I had a serious injury that I couldn't run on.  I realized that I am very grateful I can run.  I
5. A dear friend and role model of me passed away this spring.  She was a leader at my church.  This is really the first funeral I've been to that I remember.  I include this in my year review because she was an important part of my life.  I learned a lot from her, but I also learned a lot on how to live life.  I'm grateful I had the privilege of knowing her, and I'm grateful that she is no longer in pain.  God really does send tender mercies.

h&g. Elise




No comments:

Post a Comment