Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Chapters of my Summer

Chapter 1: I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.  It was pretty bad, you know those days that you wake up instantly mad?  So I did the responsible thing and went on a run and my mind instantly cleared.  I came home and proceeded to have the most productive morning.*

*What this sentence really means is that I rolled over and went back to sleep and ignored my calendar event to go on a run.  I proceeded to eat pie for breakfast and take a shower.  You can call that productive if you want.

Chapter 2: Cherries.  We have cherries everywhere.  Seriously, a ridiculous amount.  My dad could not be happier about that fact.  He loves cherries and his grin was adorable as we picked hundreds of cherries.  We are making cherry chocolate ice cream, a cherry pie, a cherry something (fancy pastry I can't remember), and eating them until we will be sick.  How satisfying. 

Chapter 3: Losing it.  I knew that this summer was going to be hard.  I knew that this summer was going to be difficult.  I don't know, however, if I knew how hard.  The goodbyes have begun, fall's new adventures seem like more work and scarier than I imagined, the work I have to do seems exhausting, yet not doing anything seems worse.  Maybe I'm just in my midsummer slump, which I really do have every year, but sometimes it's frustrating when your dreams for summers seem to be slowly fading and things don't sparkle quite as much as they originally did.  

But, I guess that's what life is sometimes.  Life needs to be full of growing pains so you can compensate and be more prepared.  Sometimes it's frustrating to me after I create so many lists, so many dreams, and so many goals to look around and realize that not everything is attainable.  Or that I don't want to achieve everything I once thought I did (that half-marathon comes time mind).  I know that at the end of the hard work, I'm going to be really happy that I've accomplished my goals, but man, things don't always come easily.  

So, I will be here.  Seriously, still waiting.  Still sitting.  Still thinking.  And I will probably feel this way until August 26th.  That's probably a good thing.  A good thing to feel so caged that you implode to something better.  

Done rambling now. 

xo. Elise 

No comments:

Post a Comment