Thursday, July 24, 2014

Mind the Gap

I was talking with a friend last night about how weird this summer is.  Everyone says congrats at graduation and good luck with college, but they ignore this little baby gap of a summer.  Pictures on Instagram and quotes on Pinterest try to convince you that everyone is having the best summer of their life, but at the end of the day, it's really just a bunch of growing pains.  I realized, that I literally have to mind the gap.

I was reading in my current favorite book, Daring Greatly by Brene Brown, and I remembered that she talked about minding the gap.  She describes it as the space between where we want to go and where we actually are.  In order to mind the gap, we have to embrace vulnerability and change.  

So here I go, let's mind the gap.  Let's embrace this little time on my life that is almost over to mind this spot between my current state and my future standard.  Because I am going to be just fine.  

xo. Elise 

No comments:

Post a Comment