Thursday, August 21, 2014

T-Minus 2 Days

Today is August 21st.  Two days away from August 23rd.  The August 23rd in which I move out and run a half marathon.  It makes my palms sweaty thinking about both of those things.  Sigh.

One thing I've been thinking about lately is how much I'm going to miss myself.  After I move out, I'm no longer going to be the same.  I'm going to change.  And I can never get that Elise back.  I can't get the innocent Elise who hasn't tasted independence yet.  I won't ever get the careless Elise who doesn't have to think about tuition or finals or eventually mortgages or anything else.  And part of me is missing her already.

I'm lucky that today I'm feeling hopeful.  I'm feeling excited.  I'm feeling ready.  I just hope that this feeling stays until well after Saturday, you know, at least until I have my feet on the ground enough to ignore my nerves.

xo. Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment