Tuesday, September 2, 2014

First Day

My first day of college began with a run and ended with an aching IT band and a torn sandal.  (Don't worry Dad, I can live with the IT band, but I don't want to hear about the low quality of my sandals. :)

It's...interesting being in college.  I don't want to toot my own horn, but I think I'm adjusting to everything.  I almost started hyperventilating walking across campus today, I felt like I had freshman tattooed on my forehead.  (Of course, not a tattoo because that's against the honor code).  And the library.  Let's talk about the library.  Apparently, you just walk in.  I approached the building and tentatively walked in...and yep, that's all you have to do.  I walk down the stairs and hope that there's an empty table.  I slide into the chair and pull out my laptop.  I like to base my life off the fact that if you pull out a laptop, people think you belong.  Thus far, it's worked.

Or what about class.  Yep, with class, you really do just walk in there.  I am happy to report that every  where I walked into, you really could just walk into.  I think I've had more confidence walking around campuses that I was visiting than the one I live on now.

That's another thing.  This supposed "on campus housing" thing is a bunch of bunk.  As my aching IT band can attest, it is not as close as you would think.  Yeah, on campus on the other side of campus past all of the parking lots that no one can park in.

However, amidst all of this change, and me trying to figure out the whole cooking by myself thing, college is basically what I've expected.  I am figuring it out.  I'm doing ok.  And before you know it, I will be walking across the stage with a diploma in hand and tears in my eyes.

xo. Elise

Me with my cute friends.  Affectionally called 'the Sam's' Apparently I missed the stripes memo. That's rare. 

No comments:

Post a Comment