Thursday, September 4, 2014

Prayers

I've been thinking a lot about prayers lately.  I thought back to a scholarship I didn't win.  It was a prestigious scholarship, $5,000 plus an all-expense paid week in Washington where you would get to meet the president and other important people.  I was selected as Alternate, an honor I fully embraced (you know, a few days after the event) and proudly put that on all other applications.  That same week that the trip to Washington took place was also the week of debate state.  I knew that going into it, but I was questioning how I felt about the possibility of missing debate state.  It turned out that I didn't have to make the choice, something I'm grateful for.  The weekend of debate state was one of the best weekends of my senior year.  My team took State, after our devastating second place the year before.  I took first, a repeat of my sophomore year, except even better because I was undefeated.

I was thinking today on my run, perhaps, Heavenly Father wanted very badly to answer my prayer regarding USSYP. However, He felt like He needed to answer my debate state prayer first.  He had that plan put in place for me, and He needed to finish my debate story before other opportunities could take its place.

I was thinking about my professors.  I went into Biology a little apprehensive.  I don't love science, and I was worried about not enjoying it.  It turns out I'm so excited!  My teacher is so passionate and I was reminded of how much I actually love nature and the outdoors.  On the flip side, I was disappointed with writing class.  The environment wasn't what I was expecting, and I was taken aback.   However, I realized that it might be a blessing in disguise.  Maybe Heavenly Father blessed me with a great teacher in a class I wouldn't ordinarily love, and a harder classroom setting in class where I don't need the extra help.

Maybe He says no in one instance so He can say yes in another.

xo. Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment