Sunday, September 7, 2014

Gracefully

In case anyone was wondering, it's incredibly difficult to be walking to campus, eating a bagel, with warm peanut butter dripping all of your hands while looking cute/graceful.  Harder than expected.

On that note, everything seems a little harder than expected these days.  People assume that you are going to gracefully transition from place to place in your life with little or no problem.  Some days, like yesterday, are hard.  You don't feel like you're in control, and you feel like life is happening to you, instead of you living your life.  But those moments pass, and then you actually have a really good time with your roommates and friends.

I really am an optimist, and Sundays are my day to recharge.  And today, I decided that this week is going to be good.  From September 8th to September 14th, it's going to be a good week.  Even if the rest of the month, semester, or year is hard, this is going to be a good week.

On that note, here are some pictures.

This quote is always a good one, and something I need to remember. 

A selfie of me while I was writing my first college paper/trying not to hyperventilate.  (Ok, to be honest, it was a three paragraph summary that I have to do twice a week, but it was hard).

Isn't this beautiful?  I took it when I was walking to buy some ice cream for the peach crostata below. That is a pretty good life, isn't it? 

My first masterpiece in my dorm kitchen.  It was decent.  I have pretty high standards for myself, but it was pretty good.  

I know that iPhone pictures at night are of horrible quality, but the sky truly was beautiful. 

xo. Elise 

No comments:

Post a Comment