Sunday, November 2, 2014

Feeling 22

Yesterday was Anne's birthday.  Anne, as in the my best friend who is currently living halfway across the country who I am so stinking proud of you and oh by the way got flat-out offered an internship with our Senator because she is that cool.

So yes.  That sister turned 22 yesterday.

I can't exactly put into words how awesome it is to be Anne's sister.  That is a relationship that only I will ever understand.  Isn't that cool?  I'm the only person who knows what it's like to be Anne Clark's sister.  And I have to say, Anne is pretty amazing.

Before I went to college, we had a really good relationship.  Like really good.  But every since I moved out, our relationship is so good.  Some people may say it's because we don't see each other, and yeah, that definitely cuts down on fighting opportunities.  But really, it's like we are both on our own and recognize that we need each other.  I get her, and she gets me.  That's what it means to be a sister.

Anne, you are doing great things.  You are working so hard.  And you are succeeding in so many areas.  I have the privilege of knowing some of your deepest fears, but know that you are doing absolutely fine.  You are doing great things.  I'm grateful for your example and your ability to show me how to live life so beautifully.

I hope that this 22nd year of yours is the best ever.  You deserve every good thing that comes to you.  And I will send you all of the love, encouragement, and happy thoughts that I can because you deserve it.

xo. Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment