Friday, October 31, 2014

Abandoned

I sat in my bed today, reading my scriptures, and thought, wow, I feel abandoned by God.  I have had several moments in my life, where I really have felt utterly alone.  Utterly abandoned.  Completely unable to find peace.  I took a deep breath and remembered that I had gone through these things before.  I was goign to trust Him that He would show me, in some small way, that He knew me and recognized my fears.

I proceeded to get ready for the morning and went to meet with Biology TA.  Biology has been weighing on me a lot lately, as I haven't done as well as I had hoped.

However, we went over my test, and my grade was boosted.

I almost started crying in the beautiful conference room on the fifth floor of the Life Science Building.  It wasn't quite a voice, but it was similar to me thinking, see Elise? I've got you.  I have you.  Here is your 'sign.'

I don't feel abandoned anymore.

xo. Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment