Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Shamefully

I am shamelessly listening to the Kathie Lee Gifford Christmas CD and have been for the past week or so.  I can't help it, it makes me feel closer to home and have that comforting feel that envelopes me every time I start to peel a clementine.

[Sidenote: the smell of clementines reminds me debate tournaments, Christmas mornings, and cold Januarys.]

It's that week at school when all of the students look expectantly at the teacher, waiting to be let out early simply for the fact that it's almost the holidays.  I have a feeling campus is going to be deserted soon, and I'm wondering how I feel about that.

In other good news, I turned in my first eight page college paper today. I actually got all of my stuff turned in one time (insert tender mercy).  And my biology test grade mysteriously continue to go up... I don't exactly comprehend why, but I will take whatever I can get.

I have plans to buy chocolate covered cherries when I decorate for Christmas soon and maybe catch up on all of my homework over Thanksgiving break.  I'm dreaming of molasses cookies and brainstorming for the advent that Anne and I do every year (still doing it right Anne?)

I've felt a tad restless all day, and I am ready for a break.  Two more days and then two more classes.  I was literally planing my schedule like it was Thursday this morning, but the good news is that we finally finished this Wednesday.

xo. Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment