Sunday, November 23, 2014

Roomiegiving

My roommates and I planned a Thanksgiving dinner for tonight, and buttons were a-poppin' (not just because we ate too much).

All during church we were practically giddy when we thought about everything that we were going to make and eat.  I made my mom's sweet potato soufflĂ©, Hailey made her mom's stuffing, and Sam made her grandma's chiffon pumpkin pie.  We had rolls, mashed potatoes, and Sammi made green bean casserole.

I was making the soufflé and thought about how my mom did it and all of the other people in my family who had done it through the years. And I realized there is something beautiful how four college girls could connect to different generations simply by the food they made.

We were all so proud of ourselves for actually pulling it off.  We also decided that we don't want to host Thanksgiving dinner anytime soon.

Happy holidays everyone.  It's a beautiful time to be alive.

xo. Elise





No comments:

Post a Comment