Saturday, December 13, 2014

Saviors

I love the idea of saviors.  I love the fact that I have a Savior, someone who made pure cleansing possible. 
            
But I also believe that Heavenly Father puts certain people in your life to be saviors when you need it, you know, when He can’t quite show Himself. 

I am sitting here on my couch, looking at three of my saviors today.  My roommates and our friend Josh are playing a card game, making philosophy seem a little boring.
          
I woke up today feeling completely exhausted and more than a little lonely.  I opened my door to find a string of ethereal, origami butterflies strung across the frame. I walk into the kitchen and find Reeses Pieces (my favorite) and a wall of butterflies, just absolutely gorgeous.  My roommates wrote 19 things they love about me on them.  I haven’t read most of them since I can’t bear to take them all down, but they are so beautiful.  I almost started crying because of their kindness.  Josh brought me Warheads, sparkling cider, and more Reeses Pieces. 
            
And they did all of this because we are celebrating my fake birthday today.  Aren’t they just the nicest? 

            
I am so grateful to have these people in my life and these daily saviors.  In the midst of finals weeks, I have needed tender mercies more than ever.  I’m also grateful for a Heavenly Father that answers prayers in what may seem the absolutely worse way possible, yet somehow it works.  I’m feeling grateful to have been feeling lonely so I need Him, and feeling ok with being humbled. 




No comments:

Post a Comment