Thursday, January 15, 2015

Gray Sweaters

In my apartment, we have what we call creamery runs, days that we head to the creamery, sometimes the OG creamery and sometimes the outlet, to get ice cream.  Every day has felt like a creamery run day for me this week.  Please, just give me ice cream.

I've also just wanted to wear the two gray sweaters I have in my closet.  That's it.  Gray sweaters and black jeans.  Except I can only wear one with a certain pair of black jeans, and after..I don't know...10 wears?  I decided I should give them a rest and throw them in the laundry.  Which results in me only have one gray sweater to wear, but I already wore it twice last week because who keeps tracks of your outfits in college, so I've had to expand my wardrobe to a black sweater I have which is making me miss my gray sweater.

I also was busy typing up a response I have to do for one of my classes, which I don't even care that much about, and Learning Suite deleted the whole thing which made me want to cry or swear but instead I got up, went to the bathroom, and am waiting to meet with my peer mentor so I can get a cookie and hot chocolate.  Fist pump to Hub days, which also explains the plethora of BYU mugs I have, which never made sense because Anne isn't exactly dedicated to BYU paraphernalia until now when I realized Anne got some as a freshman herself and probably as a peer mentor later.

I recognize that this is full of run-on sentences which would make Darlee cringe and use up all of her red ink pens in editing notations, but I am about two versions of Othello and one Stats assignment beyond caring.

Sidenote, Shakespearean tragedies always end in tragedy.   Spoiler alert to everyone who hasn't read Othello yet, but everyone dies.  I could tell you exactly how every Shakespeare tragedy ends.  70% of the cast dies, either by unfortunate accidents or unbalanced people consumed by jealousy of something that isn't even true.  25% of the cast has the privilege of living, but in such harrowing disability caused by someone else that their quality of life is slim to nil, especially considering the Middle Ages and everything. The 5% leftover lives the rest of their life grieving or are so obscure in the play that you forget about them as you are overwhelmed with grief for the rest of the cast.

My roommate and I are also going to the Finance Society Opening Social tonight simply because they are giving away free J-Dawgs, and it's on our bucket list.  There is something so collegy about going to an event simply because of the free food that partly makes me happy we are making the bucket list so much of an adventure and partly makes me embarrassed for the frugality that all college students live with.  Also, a hot dog at 7 p.m. is borderline acceptable, but a hot dog at 8 p.m. makes me want to throw up.  I am looking forward to having everyone ask us questions about finance and having to come up with a way to slip out without seeming overly tacky and like we were only there for the free hot dog.  

xo. Elise


No comments:

Post a Comment