Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Racing

I decided to go on a run today, even after I had fajitas for dinner and daylight was fading.  And let me tell you, it was perfect.  It was beautiful weather, the sky was gorgeous, and the trees were beautiful.  I am happy in this moment of spring when I don't have to worry about so many different worries because I took my last midterm today (two weeks before finals).

I was coming up the last stretch of hill before my dorm.  I stopped at the light, patiently waiting for it to change.  Another runner came up next to me, and I glanced out of the corner of my eye.  All I could tell was it was a boy.  I calmly started my Garmin and began running.

I hate being the person who makes everything a race, and I especially hate looking like the girl trying to prove something.  So when a boy passed me, I didn't think anything of it, but I definitely didn't back down.  All of a sudden another boy was running next to me.

So we awkwardly formed a happy triangle of runners.  And I'm proud to say I held steady in second place before I turned off for my apartment.

Wahoo for fake races and spontaneous runs.

xo. Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment