Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Golden Anniversary

Today is my parent's 26th wedding anniversary.  I couldn't be more proud of them.  I often wonder about my life because sometimes it seems like a miracle.  I don't know how I lucked out with those two people in my life.  They are awe-inspiring in their professional fields, and I would be blessed to be as good at my future career as they are.  I hope that I like it as much as they seem to.  I will constantly work on having a marriage like theirs.  I am amazed at the teamwork they show.  I have been blessed to always see the strength of their relationship, but it has been especially fun this past year.  They act like newlyweds and aren't afraid to have adventures.  They go out and do things together.  They aren't afraid to try new things.  They are both dedicated to the Gospel and have been pivotal in helping me gain my own testimony.  I'm also very grateful for their friendship.  I love talking with them and spending time with them.

Out of all my role models, these two top the list.  I wouldn't be who I am without them, and am grateful to my Heavenly Father who blessed me with them.

Happy Golden Anniversary, you two.  You are the best parents that I've met, and it is a privilege to be your daughter.

xo. Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment