Sunday, May 24, 2015

Lake Powell!

I can officially say that I have been on a road trip with college friends.  And I can officially say that I drove!  Check. Check.

The whole trip was a tad surreal because a. I never expected it to actually happen because everyone and their dog plans a fun trip with their college buddies, but not everyone executes it and b. because I never thought I would have friends that I would want to road trip with.  And here we are!

We took an insane amount of pictures together.  College girls are the best people to travel with because #noshame if you ask for another picture of yourself or to take it again or to do it in a different pose.  Hiking, good food (ice cream), a (freezing) lake trip, jaw-dropping beauty, and too much laughter.  It was a beautiful four days.  (Ok, but seriously?  Why did no one tell me how beautiful Page, AZ is?? It is gorgeous!  I was stunned at what I saw).

Exhibit A. "Guys, I want an individual picture.  Ugh, I'll just do my regular pose."  


These pictures don't do it justice, but wow, it's beautiful.  The dessert gets me every time. 

This trip was also special because it was the same route my dad and I took for our spring break road trips.  It brought back a lot of fun memories, and I am so grateful that I got to do that with my dad.  Had to stop at Big Al's--so good as usual, even if I didn't do a 7 mile hike + 4 mile run beforehand! 

#safetysquare  Lucky to have met these girls and had such a great year.  Also lucky that I get to still keep two of them around next year.  

xo. Elise Clark 

No comments:

Post a Comment