Saturday, June 20, 2015

A Few Sentences

A few ideas that I have been contemplating lately:

"A fierce resistance to being fine."

I don't know exactly who said this, but it's from a podcast I was listening to by Jonathan Fields...I think it was the one with Cynthia something.  Anyway, it was a good reminder for me that I should fiercely resist settling for anything in my life that I don't want to.

"How can I have answers when you're drowning me in questions?"

This is from a Maroon 5 song, Fortune Teller.  I listened to that line, and I think that sometimes Heavenly Father probably feels that way about me.  How can He give me any answers when I constantly ask questions and never take time to listen?

"To he(ck) with more.  I want better." Ray Bradbury

Saw this on a greeting card today, and I loved it.  I don't want more in my life, I want better.  I guess it's going along with the first line, but I want to go for better, not bigger.

I am off to Pennsylvania again this next week.  Which makes me feel all the feels, but that's ok.  I'm already a third of the way done with my internship.  And I have survived thus far.

Also, I went to an Ingrid Michelson this weekend with my sister, and it was so much fun.  One of those moments when all there right music is playing, and so you sing along, nailing it, of course.

xo. Elise


No comments:

Post a Comment