Sunday, September 13, 2015

First Down

For the first time in my life, I actually had fun at a football game.  Football is not a sport I can really get behind, but last night changed my mind.  BYU beat Boise State, making them jump eight rankings and securing the number 18 spot in the national rankings.  (And this is where we pretend I have cared about any of this before 24 hours ago.  Also, take a look to see where the Arizona Wildcats are ranked.)

In all honesty, it was so much fun.  We waited for two hours to get in, barely found seats and free t-shirts, and I was convinced it was going to be a long game.  But a touchdown in the first two minutes of the first quarter was exciting, and the two touchdowns in the last five minutes of the fourth quarter nearly gave me a heart attack.  65,000 people packed into the stadium and it was a crazy game.

Right before the game, my roommates and I threw a panini party.  In some ways, it was really good because people came and it was a lot of fun.  In other ways, it was not so good because some people didn't come after they told us they would (ahem, back window neighbors) and now we have two extra pouches of lunch meat.  Good thing our freezer is empty.

I feel pretty lucky to be rooming with these girls.  One of the best parts is that I don't ever have to push them to go to church activities or to hurry so we won't be late. I love it.  (Also, I am wearing my first ever purchased BYU shirt.  It was a big step for me). 

Here is a lot of people that came to our panini party.  I look like I'm standing normally, but I'm actually on my tiptoes standing on the bench trying not to fall backwards.  

It feels good to be back at BYU.  I'm pretty grateful I get to go to this school.  

Isn't it crazy to have a great football game one night and then go and hear one of the Quorum of the Twelve speak live the next morning?  You are looking at a very blessed girl right now.  

I will now retreat to my bed with a tissue box by my side to impersonate Walter on Sleepless in Seattle.  

xo. Elise 

No comments:

Post a Comment