Tuesday, September 29, 2015

The Good Life

It's midterms time and that means endless hours of studying, mixed with excitement, hopelessness, and everything in between.  I just studied my brains out this weekend, and all I can think of is how blessed I am.

I am so blessed to be able to be in college.  I am so blessed to come here and devote so much time to learning so many different things.  I am so blessed with a roommate that makes me laugh.  Laura is straight up hilarious and is never afraid to be silly.  I am blessed with a roommate who actively tries to help me.  Alesha wrote me the nicest note and sent a problem I couldn't figure out to a finance friend of hers to see if he could help.  I am blessed that my dad called and walked me through so many different problems.  The act of me walking through the problems helped so much.  I'm blessed to have a mom who provided me with a great pep talk, who prays for me, and for putting my name in the temple.  I am strengthened by those prayers and thoughts.  I'm grateful for a sister who told me she was proud of me.  I'm grateful that she called me in the moment of distress when I didn't think I could do it anymore.  I'm grateful for a home teacher who texted me good luck.  I'm grateful for a friend who reminded me about truths that I need to hear.  I'm grateful for a Heavenly Father who has provided me with so much.

I have been surrounded by so much love these past few days, and for that I am so grateful.

Thank you.

xo. Elise

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely lovely post. We love you so very much Elise!!

    ReplyDelete