Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Sweet Potato Pancakes

I am probably the least patient cook ever to set foot in the kitchen, especially considering how I can't even wait to make toast.  This can make my cooking escapades fascinating!

And so here is a recipe because I made it all up by myself.  And I think it's a pretty good indicator of life right now.  Also, if you go back in the archives, you will find that I made a sweet potato recipe last year as well.  Clearly I am original and creative with my ingredients.

Sweet Potato Pancakes:

Ingredients:
-1/4 cup of whole wheat flour
-1/4 cup of oatmeal
-1 sweet potato, boiled until soft and can be mashed up like mashed potatoes
-Dash of salt, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon
-2 teaspoons of brown sugar
-Maybe a teaspoon of olive oil?  (Clearly I measured a lot for this recipe)
-1/2 cup of milk?  Maybe more?  Put as much as you want in to get the consistency you want.
-1 egg

Scoop a 1/4 cup of batter and cook it like a pancake.  Really originally, hehe

*Note: This pancakes were very sweet potato heavy.  They clearly had sweet potatoes in them.  I would say the ratio was 2 sweet potato to 1 part batter.  I would double the flour, oatmeal, and milk if you want a more pancake like texture.  Pour some syrup on and enjoy!

xoxo. Elise


No comments:

Post a Comment