Sunday, October 18, 2015

Shameless

This weekend was spent on too many hours of homework and a lot of pictures with my roommates.  As in we went on a trail and just took pictures.  Yes, we were the girls that I think, really?  Find yourself a pair of running shoes.

But we did it anyway.  We also went to Great Harvest beforehand, and let me tell you, the gift certificate for a buy one get one free sweet was great.  The white chocolate raspberry scone was so good!  Delicious.

I also made banana pumpkin bread that tastes like baby food and is seriously undercooked.  I am going to try the recipe again, hopefully with some adjustments and better results.

I did make tower cake today.  Or my version of tower cake aka chocolate cake with white chocolate frosting and chocolate ganache poured over it.  It was delicious.  The cake was a bit of a reconstruction, but it was delicious anyway.  Check that off the list.

We also made potato soup as roommates and it was delicious.  Seriously, so good.  We had fun making it as roommates.  I made the roux, and wow, isn't that just miraculous?  I am amazed every time I cook and see miracles like that.  Isn't chemistry cool?

I woke up at 8:15 and made cake, frosting, listened to three conference talks, watched an hour of extra credit for MCom, printing out two MCom letters, and did the dishes.

I'm kind of exhausted from everything.  I just spent this evening doing absolutely nothing and I loved it.  I decided to take a break.  I think I need to do that more in my life.  We had a meeting in peer mentoring about investing in gratitude and investing in yourself.  And I really liked that.  Because it's easy to take a lot of breaks, but not have a lot of intentional breaks.  So you end up on Sunday night feeling a little exhausted and overwhelmed because even after doing homework for seven hours Saturday, you still have a ton of homework to do.  But it's ok because we are taking it one day at a time.

Anyway, here are some shameless pics that I liked from yesterday.  Also, I have been nailing the Instagram captions and puns lately.  Alesha said 'ain't' today, and Laura, who served her mission in Jacksonville, FL, said our language has been regressing since rooming with her.  And I was brilliant and said that it's just 'gone south.' Oh, I can't even handle it.  I'm hilarious.






No comments:

Post a Comment