Saturday, October 24, 2015

Adventure

In some ways life is a lot more exciting when it's rougher around the edges.  When the waters are clear and the sailing is smooth, you loose a certain excitement that should exist.  When you go up against something a little harder and a little more difficult, it makes you gasp and out of breath.  You aren't a hundred percent sure that you can do it, but you're pretty sure you can.  You look across to where you want to be, and you think you can make the jump.

I'm not sure how many cliches I can fit into one paragraph, but life is feeling like an adventure these days.  Something that's grinding me down in an unexpected way and I think we are all a little curious to see the result.

But adventures are fun, not just for the present tingle in anticipation, but also to look back on.  I picked up one of my favorite books, thinking about when I first read it.  The world was cold outside and frozen.  I suddenly found myself longing for those days when I had time to sit in my pajamas and read a good book.

Isn't funny how you're lonely for a time that you hated?  The parts that you didn't expect to ever really miss, but you do.  It's the lonely time in the hotel room, but you miss it anyway.

I'm feeling particularly grateful to be living this adventure today, even if life is hard.  People keep talk to me.  Tests still happen.  I hear stories that make me gasp.  I'm tired and my brain has felt fuzzy all day with very little clarity.

But adventures are kind of fun anyway.

xo. Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment