Sunday, November 1, 2015

Surprise!

I got to go to Anne's surprise party today, and I absolutely loved seeing her walk into the door.  I got to socialize with all of her little ward friends, which isn't much difference than when I would socialize with her high school friends.  hehe.  She walked into the door and started crying, and then she saw me and we basically both started crying.  I love that I got to surprise her, I don't think she ever expected me.  I love that I got to give her that gift.

We all went to lunch tomorrow yesterday, as a family.  We had some of the best pizza I've ever had, followed up with Nielsen's, which is the best thing ever.  I left feeling completely full, not just of delicious food but of the best feeling of safety.  I realized that spending time with my family is sacred.  It didn't necessarily used to be that way.  We were always together, and so it didn't seem that special.  But now that we don't live together, it is such a special time.

I am so humbled to have them in my life.  I still can't believe that I get to spend forever with them, what a privilege and an honor.  Not just this time, but forever.  Do you recognize how miraculous that is?  I am so blessed.

And happy birthday, Anne.  I didn't express it nearly enough today, but you are my best friend.  That's all I can say, but thank you.  I hope you understand on some level how grateful I am for you.  Thanks for being the best.

xo. Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment