Thursday, November 19, 2015

8-8

I left my apartment today at 8 a.m. and got back at 8 p.m.

When you look at your calendar or to-do list, it's too easy to look at the list and think you weren't productive at all today.  Because just look at all of that studying you could have done, but didn't actually do.  (Of course, looking back I realized that I never put any time to eat on my daily schedule so that's an issue).

But let's talk about what I did accomplish.

1. Attend two student meetings.
2. Attend class.
3. Attend weekly Thursday meeting.
4. Attend Strategy bootcamp.
5. Participate in a study for extra credit aka play a computer game for a half an hour
6. Finish two practice tests
7. Work for a total of four hours today.
8. Emailed professor about meeting time tomorrow.
9. Listened to this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDWKuo3gXMQ ten times.
10. Wrote this blogpost.

Ugh, that doesn't look that impressive, does it?

Regardless, I am ending today tired, but doing ok.  That feeling when you work hard and you're tired?

I also came to the realization that I am assume everyone is working as hard as I do or that they care as much as I do.  I had been lumping me with everyone in my classes--about how they don't think they will do well or get into the program they want.  I was thinking that people had similar GPA's and resumes as me.  We all think everyone is like us.

News flash: they're not.  In some cases, I work much harder and care a lot more than a lot of people, BYU or not.  And that made me feel good to remember that.

So here is a grainy selfie of a girl dreaming of when she no longer has a midterm hovering and Thanksgiving break is too exciting.


No comments:

Post a Comment