Saturday, May 21, 2016

When it rains, it floods.

Do you want to know a secret?  I prayed for rain today.  I prayed that it would rain partly because I wanted to wear tights and partly because it was so much fun to run in the rain last year.

I was at mile four, and it was just pouring.  And I started crying because I realized that is exactly how God answers prayers.  I just ask for a little rain, not much, but just enough.

And then Heavenly Father blesses me with a rainstorm with rain just pouring and washing everything clean and beautiful.  He sends enough to flood out all of the negative stuff.  He lets it pour.

I am so grateful that a God like that exists.  I'm grateful for the chance to live with Him in my life.

And yes, this metaphor wasn't so great at mile 9 when I was soaking wet.

xo. Elise


No comments:

Post a Comment