Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Dancing Queen

When I was 17, I had on my 17 going on 18 list to dance in public.  I've always wanted to be that person who dances with no care in the world.  I wanted to be that person who is comfortable enough in herself to just dance when the music is good.

And one of the best parts of my life right now is the fact that I dance with no care in the world these days.  I dance in our living room.  I dance in my care.  I dance in the kitchen, with the blinds up.  I just dance, and it feels good to be in this place...this place where I don't have anything figured out, but I feel ok enough with myself to dance when it's good music.

I met with my family this past Sunday, and  I realized that our family is a family of car picnics.  The weather was bad so we ate in the car.  It reminded me of those Sundays when we travel and try not to eat out.  I can't count the number of times we've had cheese and crackers in the car.  Or the times that we've had grapes with a fun drink.  We normally don't have delicious homemade chicken salad and cookies, but we always made do.

And I kind of love that we are a picnic in the car type of family.

xo. Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment