Tuesday, June 28, 2016

And I'm off!

This is one of those situations where I decided to ask for forgiveness instead of permission.  I am currently using Anne's laptop because I felt an urge to write down some thoughts before I start globetrotting.

What a life I lead.  Tomorrow I leave for 5 and a half weeks to travel to 11 different countries, 3 different continents, and who knows how many cities.  Sometimes I sit back and I am in shock that this is my life.  This is what I do.  I am that girl who is beyond lucky.  Lucky for this chance.  Lucky for the people in my life who have made it happen.  Lucky for the people who are ok with saying goodbye to me for 5 weeks.  Blessed, blessed, blessed.

People keep reminding me that this is a life-altering trip.  I couldn't agree more.  What I'm going to see and what I'm going to experience is going to fundamentally change me, whether I know it or not.  And I am grateful that I get these next 5 weeks to become whoever I want to be.

I'm starting this trip out with a little infection (nbd) and a little nervousness.  I will find out about my program--end all be all on this trip.  I'm a little sad that I won't be around my people when I get the news, but in a lot of ways I'm grateful that I will be out of the country.  Away from the people who will ask prodding questions.  Away from the business boys who always seem to come into my life at inconvenient times.  And you know what?  Whatever happens, it will be fine.  Maybe Econ is the major for me?   Maybe I will get into all three of the programs I applied for.  Who knows?  Well, Heavenly Father does, and He is so excited for me.  And I'm grateful that I have Heavenly Parents who are thrilled for however things turn out.  I'm grateful that I have earthly Parents who are excited for me either way.  I'm grateful I have a best friend who lets me steal her laptop and lets me cry and laugh.

It's going to be ok.  It's going to be more than ok.  And I'm grateful for that knowledge and that testimony of faith that I have fought on a daily basis for.  I'm grateful for the peace that has come into my life and for the tender mercies that truly are there every single day.

I'm excited to go do something a little crazy and a little wild and a little (read: a lot) out of my comfort zone.  I think it's time I'm pushed.

And I can't wait.

xo. Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment