Monday, September 19, 2016

This is college. Wow.

Tonight, in these past ten minutes, I've realized that college, in its very depth of everything, is a good place to be.

Let's list out some reasons, ok?
1. My roommate and I wandered the entire Creamery in search of the perfect snack.  She choose coconut Outshine bars.  I chose blueberry muffin mix because nostalgia.
2.  I had guacamole for dinner with an apple and some of my favorite yogurt.
3.  A friend stopped by and we talked about this boy she is convinced is perfect for me.
4.  I am dropping muffins off and talking with a friend to commiserate about his love life.  The muffins are payback for my resume he kindly printed for me in a moment of need.
5.  I have been able to wear a sweatshirt for majority of this day, while at home.
6.  I bought a New Yorker subscription, meaning that I will receive a free tote bag, 12 happy mail days, and a chance to pro/con with my roommate.  That's a lot of bang for your happiness buck.
7.  I found some good music to listen to on my discounted Spotify account because student.
8.  I did watch some Gilmore Girls today, a series I have started and almost finished all throughout my distinguished 2 years at college.

There are a whole slew of reasons why college was hard today.  Why college was not fun and consisting of muffins and blind dates.  But in some moments, it is good.  And it is happy.   And I've come to recognize this stage of life is so fleeting and small and precious and beautiful.

Another example why college is great: when an ironing board is on the wedding registry.  So you are that person who carries it in, almost knocking over the pile of gifts and the small children running around.  Classy, always classy in #39.  

No comments:

Post a Comment