Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Grateful

I have had no less than 10 freak outs today.  And probably numbering over 50 for this past week.  All I can say is I fluctuate from being really proud of my work this semester to being very worried about my performance on all of my finals.

And my family has just been champs through it all.  My mom doesn't mind my late night, frantic texts and phone calls after every single test.  My dad just listened to all of my fears and worries, and me feel so much better about my fears.  My sister replies when I'm bored and sends me so many encouraging texts.

And you know?  That's pretty stellar.  I'm sitting here, mildly freaking out over my most recent final.  But it's ok.  Because I'm thinking about what they all told me.  I'm thinking about what really matters.  And a large part of me knows that what really matters isn't any of this, but more the fact that I like my major, the one I worked so hard to get into. What really matters is that I have good friends who support me in the hard parts.  What really matters is I work hard.  What really matters is I get to be part of a really great community, one that is going through a lot of hard work this week.  And that's pretty cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment