Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Faith

2016 was a time of faith.  From January 1st to December 31st,  I felt like I had to have faith every day.  I always thought faith would get easier.  I thought that I would hit a wall where I was thinking, yep.  Check that box.  I thought after July 15th, faith would be a little less necessary.  

Of course, Heavenly Father say that concept and decided to run with it until the end of the year.  I thought accomplishing a huge, two-year goal of mine would grant me the serenity I begged for.  I should stop being surprised, but it didn't.  Yes, I still feel giddy when people ask about my major.  But it didn't cover all of the cracks I was hoping for.  

Because after my program, it turned into internships.  And life plans.  And friendships.  And relationships.  And my confidence.  You have to have faith in everything.  It's a daily journey.  And I'm feeling grateful that God let me have this year to really work on it.  I'm grateful for the chance to just keep going, everyday, with my little scraps of faith I had to gather.  

They say that the opposite of faith is certainty.  Although I wouldn't mind a little certainty, this was a good year of flat-out wondering.  

xo. Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment