Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Hopeful

To be frank, I am not really feeling hopeful right now.  I would say that I am in the grieving, confused, frustrated, and annoyed stage--not hopeful.  There have been a lot of transitions this week, and I'm just done.  Sucked dry and exhausted (the dead fire alarm beeping isn't helping).

But my word for 2017 is hopeful.  So I'm trying it out.  I was going to write something about life sometimes hurts or how disappointed I am with how things have turned out.

But hope is powerful and being hopeful is important.  It's an action word.  It's an identity.  It's something tangible that I can hold onto.  It's trusting in God and expecting good things.  And right now, I need that.  I need that reminder and that happiness and that trust.

So here's to hope and being hopeful.

Hi, I'm Elise.  I'm hopeful.


No comments:

Post a Comment