Sunday, July 2, 2017

You still can.

I realized this past weekend that you need to surround yourself with people who still think you can change the world.

I have enough people in my life who are telling me my limitations.  There are enough people who are quick to [insert their opinion on my life and how it really just relates to their justification of their decisions].  There are enough people questioning me and putting me in my place.  There are enough people trying to fix me and edit me to fit the role they need me to play.  There are enough people out there who nod their heads when things don't work out, not surprised at all.

And sometimes you just need people who hear your plans for life and say, rock on, that's awesome.  Sometimes you just need people who are there, 100 percent, even if half of what you say doesn't really make sense.  You need people who want to hear the unabridged version of your life, simply because they want to.

And there have been several people who have recently given me that gift, and I couldn't be more grateful for that.  And it makes me want to be that person for those around me.

Because at the end of the day, disappointment is going to be hard.  When you get a rejection letter or when you're feeling stuck or when things are still hard, it all still hurts.

And when things are hurting, you don't really need other people telling you that.

So I guess that's been my secret selfish goal the past couple of weeks--surrounding myself with people who think I'm still doing cool things with my life.  And I'm going to try to do a better job to be that person for other people.

xo. Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment