Sunday, October 11, 2020

Still Like Me

 I have had the recurring thought, every time I look in the mirror today, that I still really like myself.  I feel like the past couple of weeks I have had a higher number of interactions that have made me question that.  I continually feel less than, where my responses have been questioned, and where I wonder what happened.  

I have been reflecting the past couple of days on who I am and how I'm doing.  I am not always doing great.  There are a lot of things I could do much better, whether it means not gossiping or less complaining or being kinder than necessary.  I don't need to stress so much about how things are going to turn out, and I know I can have a one track mind when it comes to my next steps.  

I haven't handled anything perfectly, and yet?  

I look in the mirror, and I still really like myself.  I'm proud of what I'm trying to do, and I'm proud of some of my best qualities.  I don't give up when I am frustrated or feel like things are falling apart.  I take time to reflect, and I give space for people to grieve.  I follow up with people and check in.  I pray often.  I support people so willingly, often without thought of how they will support me.  

Even when it feels like other people aren't as interested in liking me, I still really like me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment