Friday, March 20, 2020

Cooped Up

I am on the couch with my roommate right now, as we both peruse the internet post-work, trying to mostly pretend us sitting at home on a Friday night is normal, fine, and fun. 

I am feeling good today.  Yesterday, I felt completely overwhelmed, but today?  I am ok.  Part of it probably has something to do with fact that I wore a bright red dress to work today.  Part of it has something to do with going grocery shopping yesterday.  And part of it has something to do with adjusting to all of this and pretending it's fine.

It's bizarre, if I'm being honest.  This isn't fun for anyone, but I do feel particularly lucky that I get to be social distancing with my friends.  I feel lucky that I have a house with a yard.  I feel lucky that I have a job I can do from home.  My family is safe and doing well.  And I feel good about that. 

All of this is not ideal.  But I have been amazed at the resiliency of everyone.  We are doing the best we can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment