Thursday, August 23, 2012

BASIC RESEARCH

Basic Research: the search for knowledge for it's own sake.


This was a term I defined in my chemistry assignment.  And for some reason, the wording caught my eye.  The question regarded contrasting application research, which is experimenting for the practical application of something, and basic research.  Basic research is something really interesting to me.  I flatter myself into thinking that I like to learn.  It's something I enjoy.  In class I will be sitting there, with a little smile on my face at what we are learning, and everything I can learn out there.  (Not all the time though...these experiences are definitely on the smaller percentage side.:)  However, I've never really done basic research.  I had a debate captain that was a research savant.  He would research hours upon hours for our topic.  I would (and still do) basically get up and talk well.  It's a concept I want to remember in my life.  I go to school to learn, and not just how to interact with people or to flirt with boys, but to learn.  So instead of complaining about the test or assignment, I should see at as research....a project that always needs a little......tweaking. ;)

Also, since it's the first day of school, I should probably go through what I learned in each class.

1. People are actually nicer than you think and maybe you should give them some credit.
2. Physical activity is actually just training your brain to be stronger.
3. The hot water tap actually has colder water than the cold water tap.
Lunch: If you are looking for someone, you probably missed them by two minutes.
4. Not a lot of people take A.P. English, but majority of them are girls.
5. A green Jolly Rancher can truly be enjoyed.

Yep, I'm off to a successful start...

Loveyalots,
Elise Irene
First Day of School outfit!!

Me working on homework... with a smile!

I must say, a perk of having chemistry, is the ability to say, "Oh yeah! We have chemistry together! ;)"

Beautiful sunset. ('Scuse the blur.)



1 comment:

  1. Lovely thoughts. And great perspective that I often forget.

    ReplyDelete